- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 1 day ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 2 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 4 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 5 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 5 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 5 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 7 days ago
- ABC Cancels “How to Live With Your Parents,” “Malibu Country,” “Body of Proof”Posted 7 days ago
- Breaking: NBC Renews “Community” as ABC Cancels “Happy Endings”Posted 7 days ago
FOX Renews “The Following,” “Mindy Project,” Others
FOX put several series at ease Monday, announcing four renewals that include two “bubble” series.
That flagship live action comedy “New Girl” and breakout freshman drama series “The Following” were renewed for their third and second seasons, respectively, is no shock.
But FOX also extended goodwill to modestly-rated, but consistent comedy “Raising Hope” (which will receive a fourth season) and bubble newcomer “The Mindy Project,” which has neither grown into a hit series nor followed fellow freshman “Ben & Kate”‘s lead into the abyss.
A decision is still pending on former flagship “Glee,” which has seen its ratings continue their decline to series-low levels. Most still expect “Glee” to earn a fifth season; the delay is likely due to deeper negotiation challenges.