- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 3 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 5 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 5 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 7 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 8 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 9 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 10 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 11 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 11 days ago
“American Idol” Finally Confirms Its Top Three; Who Was Eliminated?
It has been a long, low-rated season for “American Idol.” It has been one that has produced some of the show’s best performances of all-time, but in a classic “tree in the forest” scenario, never generated much accompanying buzz.
Still, there is always something special about the “American Idol” finals, and we are now just two weeks away from that ending.
Before getting there, however, one more must go. And it will be one of the top three–Phillip Phillips, Jessica Sanchez and Joshua Ledet.
Naturally, that means that Hollie Cavanagh was eliminated. Cavanagh’s elimination was far from a shocker, but her journey most certainly was. She started out as what appeared to be a “fodder” contestant designed to keep the spotlight on some of the producers’ and fans’ favorites. But she parlayed a strong voice, an improving stage presence and a likable personality to outlast some very popular contestants, two of whom–Colton Dixon and Skylar Laine–had, at various points, been considered potential winners.