- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 6 mins ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 3 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 5 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 6 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 6 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 6 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 8 days ago
- ABC Cancels “How to Live With Your Parents,” “Malibu Country,” “Body of Proof”Posted 8 days ago
“American Idol” Reveals Its Top 13; Who Did America, Judges Put Through?
Ratings might have fallen even below those being posted by “The Voice,” but when it comes to capturing the attention of the mainstream, “American Idol” is still dominates the world of reality competition series.
Following two nights of semifinal performances, the show revealed its thirteen finalists in an extended results show Thursday night.
Consisting of the top ten vote-getters and three judge wildcard picks, the top thirteen performs next week. The male contestants will sing songs by Stevie Wonder, while the females will take on the late Whitney Houston.
The male finalists are Colton Dixon, Heejun Han, Jermaine Jones, Joshua Ledet, Philip Phillips, Jeremy Rosado and DeAndre Brackensick.
Still-standing on the female side are Elise Testone, Hollie Cavanagh, Skylar Laine, Shannon Magrane and Erika Van Pelt.
Rosado, Brackensick and Van Pelt were selected as the judge wildcards; also given an opportunity for those wildcard positions, but ultimately unsuccessful, were Brielle Von Hugel, Jen Hirsh and Reed Grimm.