- Blake Shelton Scores “The Voice” Three-Peat, Danielle Bradbery Wins
- Rashad Evans Squeaks Past Hendo, Stipe Miocic Upsets Nelson; UFC 161 Results
- Fabricio Werdum Submits Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira; UFC on Fuel Results
- Krewella’s “Alive” Acoustic Draws Rave Reviews, Sparks Debate
- “The Wanted Life” Premieres To Weak Ratings, Despite “Kardashians” Help
- The Voice Ends Blake’s Streak, Eliminates Holly Tucker Before Semifinals
- “After Earth” Flops at Box Office, “Fast and Furious 6″ Wins
- It’s Official – NBC Renews “Hannibal” For Season 2, Set for Midseason
- “The Voice” Eliminates Team Adam Powerhouses, Blake Shelton Now Leads
- Injury Makes UFC’s Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate Rematch a Reality
ABC Likely Picking Up “Pan Am,” “Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23″
Though nothing was made official, word from earlier this week suggested that ABC was readying series orders for drama pilots “Charlie’s Angels” and “Good Christian Bitches.” Variety adds that several other dramas and comedies are also on track for pickups.
On the drama side, “Pan Am” is said to be nearing a series order. The pilot, set in the 1960s when Pan American World Airways was a dominant force in air travel, was well-received, although the quantity of period pieces developed this pilot season raised question about whether it would stand out. NBC, for example, is expected to pickup “The Playboy Club,” while ABC’s own pilot “Poe” is still in contention.
Fantasy drama “Once Upon a Time” also looks like a safe bet for a series order.
Comedy “Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23″ (which tentatively looks to be renamed “Apartment 23″) has generated significant buzz, with a recent Deadline report suggesting it popped the way “Modern Family” did two years ago. Like “Family,” the “Apartment 23″ pilot was directed by Jason Winer.
The Tim Allen project (now called “Last Days of Man”) is expected to get some sort of order from ABC, while “Smothered” and “Suburgatory” are still in contention.