On the heels of Sunday’s ACM Awards ceremony, numerous country songs have rocketed to the upper reaches of the US iTunes sales chart.
As of press time at 1:55AM ET, ACM-boosted songs occupy seven of the top ten slots — including the top three positions.
Following her show-stopping performance, Carrie Underwood’s “Cry Pretty” is back to #1 on the chart.
Bebe Rexha’s “Meant To Be (featuring Florida Georgia Line)” is #2, while Jason Aldean’s “You Make It Easy” is #3.
Kenny Chesney’s “Get Along” follows at #5, ahead of Luke Bryan’s “Most People Are Good” (#6), Blake Shelton’s “I Lived It” (#8), and Kane Brown’s “What Ifs (featuring Lauren Alaina)” (#9).
All seven of the aforementioned songs were performed during Sunday’s show. “You Make It Easy” received an additional boost by virtue of Aldean’s Entertainer of the Year win.
Other ACM related songs in the chart’s Top 50:
12) Dan + Shay – Tequila (performance)
14) Chris Stapleton – Broken Halos (album and male vocalist of the year win, plus buzz over Stapleton’s new twins)
15) Kane Brown – Heaven (Kane Brown received exposure during Sunday’s show; song was already charting well)
16) Dierks Bentley – Woman, Amen (performance)
17) Lady Antebellum – Heart Break (performance, iTunes discount)
18) Thomas Rhett – Marry Me (performance)
19) Keith Urban – Coming Home ft. Julia Michaels (performance)
30) Brett Young – In Case You Didn’t Know (performance)
35) Midland – Drinkin’ Problem (performance)
36) Miranda Lambert – Tin Man (song of the year win; Lambert also won for female vocalist of the year and performed)
42) Kelsea Ballerini – I Hate Love Songs (performance)
46) Old Dominion – Written In The Sand (vocal group of the year win)
47) Keith Urban – The Fighter ft. Carrie Underwood (vocal event of the year win)
48) Darius Rucker – For The First Time (performance)