- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 1 day ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 3 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 4 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 6 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 8 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 9 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 9 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 10 days ago
“American Idol” Finale Ratings Hit Record Low; Social Chatter Hits High
Proving that television ratings and social media discourse are not yet positively correlated, the “American Idol” finale delivered an all-time ratings low despite posting a record social score.
The show delivered a 6.4 adults 18-49 rating with 21.5 million viewers Wednesday. While significantly higher than the season ratings average, that was down dramatically from past finales.
Social-wise, however, the show was a hit, generating more than 1 million social comments, which FOX says was “the MOST of any broadcast or cable TV show telecast this season!”
For the season, “Idol” drove 5.9 million social comments, which is a television record for a full season of a television series.