For the first time ever, Muse is on top of the weekly US album sales chart.
The band’s “Drones” claims the weekly leadership position on both the Billboard Top Album Sales and Billboard 200 charts.
The former #1 position comes courtesy the album’s 79.4K first week sales. The latter is courtesy the album’s 84.2K total consumption units. That total is comprised of pure sales, track equivalent albums (10 single sales = 1 album sale) and streaming equivalent albums (1500 single streams = 1 album sale).
This week’s Billboard 200 top ten follows:
1) Muse – Drones – 84.2K units (79.4K from sales)
2) Taylor Swift – 1989 – 64.4K units (31.8K from sales)
3) Of Monsters and Men – Beneath the Skin – 61.4K units (56.6K from sales)
4) Florence + The Machine – How Big How Blue How Beautiful – 37.2K units (31.2K from sales)
5) The Rolling Stones – Sticky Fingers – 36.0K units (33.9K from sales)
6) Ed Sheeran – x – 33.7K units (16.3K from sales)
7) Sam Hunt – Montevallo – 30.8K units (15.2K from sales)
8) A$AP Rocky – At. Long. Last. A$AP – 29.1K units (16.3K from sales)
9) Maroon 5 – V – 28.6K units (9.2K from sales)
10) Meghan Trainor – Title – 27.3K units (13.2K from sales)