in

Cory Monteith’s Cause of Death Revealed as Toxic Heroin, Alcohol Mix

Confirming what most suspected, the British Columbia Coroners Service revealed Tuesday that “Glee” star Cory Monteith’s death was caused by a mix of drugs that included heroin and alcohol.

“Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” reads the official statement.

Added the statement, “It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”

Once investigators officially ruled out foulplay, it seemed inevitable that drugs and/or alcohol played a role in the actor’s passing. Still, given the fact that he had just completed a rehab stint for an admitted drug problem, many held out hope that there was some other freak factor at play.

The thirty-one-year-old actor, who played Finn Hudson on “Glee,” was found dead in his hotel room Saturday afternoon.

Written by Brian Cantor

Brian Cantor is the editor-in-chief for Headline Planet. He has been a leading reporter in the music, movie, television and sporting spaces since 2002.

Brian's reporting has been cited by major websites like BuzzFeed, Billboard, the New Yorker and The Fader -- and shared by celebrities like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj.

Contact Brian at brian.cantor[at]headlineplanet.com.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Loading…

Showtime Grants “Ray Donovan” a Second Season

“Catfish” Surprises Viewers, Confirms Lauren’s Crush is the Real Deal