Update: Billboard has made the news official, revealing that Kanye West’s “ye” debuts at #1 on the Top Album Sales and Billboard 200 charts.
The album becomes West’s eighth #1 on the Billboard 200.
According to Billboard, the album sold 85K pure US copies. With TEA (track sales/10) and SEA (track streams/1500) included, it generated 208K in overall consumption.
The sales figure yields the #1 position on Top Album Sales, while the consumption tally drives the #1 on the Billboard 200.
Post Malone’s “Beerbongs & Bentleys” takes #2 on the Billboard 200, while Ghost’s “Prequelle” debuts at #3. Luke Combs’ “This One’s For You” (#4)** and Cardi B’s “Invasion Of Privacy” (#5) complete the Top 5.
**Note: For the Combs album, Billboard is combining units from the original “This One’s For You” and the new “This One’s For You Too” re-issue.
Kanye West’s 7-track “ye” album predictably claims first place in this week’s US sales and consumption races.
According to data from Buzz Angle and Hits Daily Double, the album sold approximately 82,089 pure US copies this week.
With TEA (track sales/10) and SEA (track streams/1500) included, “ye” generated 210,328 in total consumption units.
Due Sunday, Billboard’s more authoritative data may differ slightly from that reported by Hits. The discrepancies will not, however, affect the overall outcome. The pure sales total will yield a #1 bow on the Top Album Sales chart, while the consumption figure will position “ye” atop the Billboard 200.
This week’s pure sales leaders (via Hits/Buzz Angle):
1) Kanye West – ye (82K pure US sales)
2) Ghost – Prequelle (56K pure US sales)
3) The Greatest Showman – Soundtrack (25K pure US sales)
4) Luke Combs – This One’s For You Too (25K pure US sales)
5) Father John Misty – God’s Favorite Customer (22K pure US sales)
This week’s total consumption leaders (via Hits/BuzzAngle):
1) Kanye West – ye (210K total US units)
2) Post Malone – Beerbongs & Bentleys (99K total US units)
3) Ghost – Prequelle (60K total US units)
4) Luke Combs – This One’s For You Too (53K total US units)
5) Cardi B – Invasion Of Privacy (48K total US units)