With gains in all three component areas, The Chainsmokers’ “Closer (featuring Halsey)” predictably retains its Billboard Hot 100 throne.
This marks the second week at #1 for “Closer.” It has only been charting for four total weeks.
“Closer” concurrently remains #1 on Digital Songs and Streaming Songs (with increased activity). It meanwhile rises to #15 on the Radio Songs subchart.
Up one place, Major Lazer’s “Cold Water (featuring Justin Bieber & MØ)” returns to its #2 peak this week. It swaps places with Sia’s “Cheap Thrills (featuring Sean Paul),” which is now the #3 song in America.
The next two spots belong to twenty one pilots: “Heathens” holds at #4, while “Ride” enjoys a one-place gain to #5. The duo follows The Beatles and Elvis in becoming just the third rock act to simultaneously hold multiple Top 5 positions on the Billboard Hot 100.
twenty one pilots is also the third duo to achieve the feat; hip-hop acts Outkast and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis have also held simultaneous Top 5 positions.
The balance of this week’s Top 10 follows:
6) Calvin Harris – This Is What You Came For ft. Rihanna (-1)
7) The Chainsmokers – Don’t Let Me Down ft. Daya (+1)
8) Drake – One Dance ft. WizKid & Kyla (-1)
9) Adele – Send My Love (To Your New Lover) (+1)
10) Shawn Mendes – Treat You Better (+2, first Top 10 appearance)