Tove Lo's alternative crossover "Habits (Stay High)" reaches the Top 40 on pop radio. Songs from KONGOS and Becky G also hit new milestones.
When it received an add from Los Angeles’ powerhouse pop station KIIS ahead of its official impact date, Tove Lo’s alternative crossover “Habits (Stay High)” appeared on track to become a major performer on the format.
It has yet to formally explode, but as of press time, it is officially one of the Top 40 songs at pop radio.
“Habits,” which reached the top 40 in time for Mediabase’s weekly published/official report, was the 39th-most-played track for the seven days ending July 13.
Up 168 week-to-week, the song scored 927 pop radio spins during that measured period. It garnered 3.75 million audience impressions, which ranks as the format’s 40th-largest.
Whether it can accelerate its run from here remains to be seen, but it now has the official distinction of being a Top 40 pop release.
Other notables on the latest pop airplay chart:
– Demi Lovato’s “Really Don’t Care (featuring Cher Lloyd)” and Charli XCX’s “Boom Clap” reach new peaks of #12 and #13, respectively.
– KONGOS’ alt crossover “Come With Me Now” jumps to #15. While its upward movement appears to be slowing, the ascent into the Top 15–to go with the song’s #1 run at alternative–cements the song’s legacy as one of a crossover hit.
– Clean Bandit’s “Rather Be,” which debuted in the Top 20 on the rolling chart this weekend, climbs to #17.
– As expected, Becky G’s “Shower” is officially a Top 20 song at pop. It reaches a new peak of #19.
– Ariana Grande’s “Break Free (featuring Zedd)” (#29) and Rita Ora’s “I Will Never Let You Down” (#30) both reach the Top 30.