Meg Myers' "Desire" enters the top 40 on the alternative airplay chart. alt-J and Milky Chance continue to surge.
Recently featured by Billboard as one of “Tomorrow’s Hits,” Meg Myers’ “Desire” today enters the Top 40 on Mediabase’s alternative airplay chart.
Mediabase’s updated Sunday evening listing confirms that “Desire” was alternative radio’s 40th-most-played song for the seven days ending July 12. It scored 239 spins and 605,000 audience impressions over that period.
Key support for the track is coming from Kansas City’s 96.5 The Buzz, which spun the song 34 times, and Sacramento’s RADIO 94.7, which offered 23.
Other notable stories on the alternative airplay chart:
– Despite enduring a slight decrease in spins this week, The Black Keys’ “Fever” remains the most-played song on alternative radio. Bleachers’ “I Wanna Get Better” holds at #2.
– ∆’s (alt-J) “Left Hand Free,” which did not even receive its first spin until this week, rockets into the #29 position on the latest alternative airplay chart. It scored 360 spins during the aforementioned seven day period and ranks as the week’s biggest-gainer.
– Close behind as far as gains go–and considerably ahead as far as overall spins go–is Milky Chance’s exploding “Stolen Dance.” The song, which saw its weekly spin count increase by 335 to 1,007, rises to #14 on the alternative airplay chart.
– J. Roddy Walston & The Business’ “Take it As it Comes” hits #20 this week with 587 spins.
– Young the Giant’s “Mind over Matter” hits #30 on this week’s chart.