Afrojack and Wrabel might be “Ten Feet Tall,” but One Direction is riding higher.
Rising at a faster rate than the Afrojack and Wrabel track, 1D’s “You & I” knocked “Ten Feet Tall” out of the Top 40 on the Mediabase rolling pop radio airplay chart. By scoring 42 more spins for the seven days ending April 29, the new One Direction track bested “Tall” for the 40th position.
“Ten Feet Fall,” which made its first appearance in the top 40 this week, slipped to number 41. Still rising, it nonetheless stands a chance of returning to the top forty in the coming days.
While not yet in the Top 40, Lorde’s new single “Tennis Court” is beginning to make its climb. Currently the 49th-most-played song at pop radio, it is the fastest-rising of the songs ranked 41-50 and is surely on its way to the Top 40 (and higher).
Other notes from the latest Mediabase rolling Top 40 airplay chart (4/23-4/29):
– Justin Timberlake’s “Not a Bad Thing” has reached a new peak of #4. It is the only top five song still gaining airplay.
– Paramore’s “Ain’t it Fun” reached a new peak of #8. Still rising, it should soon pass Demi Lovato’s #7 track “Neon Lights,” which is currently on the fall.
– Naughty Boy’s “La La La (featuring Sam Smith)” has officially become a top ten performer at Top 40. While it will soon pass Bastille’s declining #9 song “Pompeii,” it will also soon be leapfrogged by Ed Sheeran’s “Sing” (#11).
– Katy Perry’s “Birthday,” #24, continues to gain airplay at a faster rate than any other song in the Top 40.
– KONGOS’ “Come with Me Now” and MAGIC!’s “Rude,” two of pop radio’s most buzzworthy tracks, both reached new peaks. The KONGOS song hit #33, while MAGIC!’s track is now #36.
The MAGIC! track, however, is reaching a larger audience. Its pop format impression count of 10.8 million tops the 5.6 million for “Come With Me Now.”
– OneRepublic’s “Love Runs Out” reached a new peak of #50 ahead of its 5/6 impact.