- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 5 hours ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 2 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 2 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 5 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 7 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 8 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 9 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 9 days ago
Kacey Musgraves’ “Same Trailer Different Park” Nets Respectable Album Sales
Debuting in the shadow of Justin Timberlake’s monster “The 20/20 Experience” is an unenviable position, but Kacey Musgraves is still managing to carve herself a respectable opening frame.
Her well-received “Same Trailer Different Park” is pacing for about 35-40,000 opening week sales, according to Hits Daily Double, which would make for the second-strongest weekly debut behind Timberlake’s album (which is positioned for a debut tally of at least 750,000).
Musgraves been enjoying significant buzz for her talents as both a performer and songwriter, but considering her fairly-low level of mainstream visibility–her breakthrough “Merry Go ‘Round” has thus far only peaked at #14 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and #63 on the overall Hot 100–the modest opening week projection is actually quite impressive.