- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 3 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 5 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 6 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 7 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 8 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 9 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 10 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 11 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 12 days ago
“Bates Motel” Premieres To Decent Ratings Monday
It is by no means the next big cable sensation, but A&E’s “Bates Motel” got off to a solid ratings start Monday.
The series, which serves as a loose prequel to the “Psycho” horror franchise, attracted a 1.3 adults 18-49 rating with 3.04 million viewers Monday.
Among adults 18-49, “Bates” was cable’s fourth-best-performing show (behind ESPN’s Heat-Celtics game, WWE RAW and “Teen mom”) and its top performer among scripted series.
In its pre-air review, Headline Planet said that the “Bates Motel” premiere works best when focused more on character than the horror/suspense component.