- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 14 hours ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 2 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 3 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 4 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 6 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 7 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 8 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 9 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 9 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 10 days ago
The CW’s “Cult” Ratings Decline in New Friday Timeslot
The CW would not have moved “Cult” to Fridays if it had faith in the series’ potential to become a hit, but because standards on the night are reduced, fans hoped the show could maintain its audience in the new timeslot.
If it matched–or even slightly exceeded–its Tuesday numbers in the Friday at 9PM slot, it would conceivably demonstrate some value to the network.
Unfortunately, that did not happen, and despite critical consensus that the show is improving after its repudiated pilot, the audience slipped.
Leading out of “Nikita,” which drew a 0.4 rating and 1.39 million viewers, “Cult” scored a 0.2 with 720,000 viewers. It had delivered a 0.3 rating in both Tuesday airings.
Worse than the dreadful rating is the fact that the show’s viewership average dipped by almost 200,000 viewers at the midway point.