- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 12 hours ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 1 day ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 4 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 6 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 7 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 7 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 7 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 9 days ago
“The Americans” Ratings Tank to Low, “Anger Management” Improves
FX received mixed ratings results this week, with Charlie Sheen vehicle “Anger Management” continuing a slow rebound and “The Americans” tanking to a low.
Already renewed for a second season based on signs of stability in its past few airings, critically-acclaimed “The Americans” tanked to a series low 0.5 adults 18-49 rating with just 1.44 million viewers Wednesday night. The show faced massive competition from “Duck Dynasty” (a dominant 3.9 adults 18-49 rating with 8.58 million viewers across its two telecasts in the 10PM hour) and additional challenge from the season premiere of “Psych” (1.0 with 2.94 million), but it is unclear those two series share enough crossover to fully justify the decline from last week’s 0.8 and 1.91 million viewers.
“Anger Management,” meanwhile, continued its slow recovery from the 0.4 season low with a 0.6 rating and 1.20 million viewers. While its performance is still well below that which was expected when FX renewed the series for 90 episodes, it is at least positive to see a minor rebound.
Though not at season high levels, “Archer” nonetheless continues to be the true highlight of FX’s Thursday lineup. This week’s episode averaged a 1.0 and 1.52 million viewers to rank as the top scripted original on cable.