- The Rock, Brock Lesnar Can’t Save Weak WWE WrestleMania 29 BuyratePosted 7 hours ago
- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 4 days ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 5 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 6 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 7 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 9 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 10 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 11 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 12 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 13 days ago
“Golden Boy” Opens to Disappointing Ratings, “Cult” Holds Steady
CBS rode its Super Bowl coverage and the dominant “Big Bang Theory” to an impressive February Sweeps victory, but that does not mean the network is infallible.
New series “Golden Boy” struggled in its premiere Tuesday, delivering just a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating and 10.5 million viewers. That represents a considerable drop from the 2.9 and 16.8 million delivered by “NCIS: Los Angeles.”
The Tuesday at 10PM timeslot has been weak in recent years for CBS–and the show did dominate timeslot competitors “Smash” and “Body of Proof”–but champagne should not be poured for an “NCIS: LA” lead-out falling short of a 2.0 rating for its premiere.
– Over on The CW, new series “Cult” matched the 0.3 adults 18-49 rating for its premiere. The viewership tally came in at 880,000, which was slightly down from the prior week’s number.
The rating is obviously terrible, but the show at least managed to avoid a sophomore drop.