- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 4 hours ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 20 hours ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 4 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 5 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 6 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 6 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 7 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 7 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 9 days ago
Jennifer Lawrence Trips While Accepting Oscar for Best Actress
Follow @cantorpedia on Twitter for more Oscar news, thoughts and gossip
That Jennifer Lawrence won the Oscar for Best Actress in a leading role was not news. She was the odds-on favorite to win for her acclaimed performance in “Silver Linings Playbook.”
What did make waves was the path to her acceptance speech. As Lawrence made her way up the stage’s stairs, she tripped (apparently on her dress) and fell flat on her face. Time stood still during the brief moments in which Lawrence recovered and got back to her feet, but she was greeted with a standing ovation as she finally walked on the stage and accepted her award.
Lawrence’s personality has been a major talking point of her awards campaign, and she made good on that reputation by joking that the ovation was motivated by pity for her embarrassing fall.
The young actress beat out Naomi Watts, Emmanuelle Riva, Jessica Chastain and Quvenzhané Wallis