- Cain Velasquez Dominates Bigfoot Silva, JDS Beats Hunt; UFC 160 Results
- The Rock, Brock Lesnar Can’t Save Weak WWE WrestleMania 29 Buyrate
- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake Intact
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” Judges
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler Returns
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX Results
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six Years
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from Competition
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s Wife
“Identity Thief” Holds Off “Snitch” For Weekend Box Office Victory
The Rock’s “Snitch” performed on the higher end of projections, but it still failed to defeat holdover “Identity Thief” at the weekend box office.
Based on early estimates, “Thief” grossed $14.1 million, besting the $13 million earned by “Snitch.” The film, which garnered lukewarm reviews, bested “Escape from Planet Earth” ($11.0 million), “Safe Haven” ($10.6 million) and “A Good Day to Die Hard” ($10 million).
“Dark Skies,” the weekend’s other newcomer, disappointed with just $8.9 million from its 2311 screens.