- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 10 hours ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 3 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 5 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 6 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 7 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 7 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 8 days ago
- ABC Cancels “How to Live With Your Parents,” “Malibu Country,” “Body of Proof”Posted 8 days ago
AMC’s “Freakshow” Premieres to Weak Ratings, “Comic Book Men” Worse
Looks like Cosmo Kramer was wrong. People apparently do not want to watch freaks.
The premiere of AMC’s “Freakshow” underwhelmed in the ratings last Thursday, delivering a mere 0.3 adults 18-49 rating with 642,000 viewers. While debuting on Valentine’s Day is not a coveted situation, the impact of the holiday was not great enough to suggest that the series would have been a hit otherwise.
Granted, matters likely could have been helped had “Freakshow” received support from a quality lead-in. Whereas other recent AMC launches had the luxury of debuting after mega-hit “The Walking Dead,” this series’ source of curious eyeballs was “Comic Book Men,” which absolutely flopped in the position.
“Men” delivered a mere 0.2 rating with 397,000 viewers at 9PM, making the situation daunting for the 9:30PM debut of “Freakshow.”