- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 2 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 3 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 5 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 5 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 6 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 6 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 8 days ago
- ABC Cancels “How to Live With Your Parents,” “Malibu Country,” “Body of Proof”Posted 8 days ago
- Breaking: NBC Renews “Community” as ABC Cancels “Happy Endings”Posted 8 days ago
Tony Awards Deliver Terrible Ratings On CBS Sunday
Thus far this year, two of the four “EGOT” components have performed well in the ratings.
The Grammys telecast this winter was a particular success, while the Oscars managed to attract viewers even without a blockbuster film in contention for a major trophy.
Such success did not visit the Tony Awards, however, which look to have done their worst viewership numbers on record.
Sunday’s CBS broadcast of the theatrical awards show attracted only 6 million viewers and a 1.0 in the adults 18-49 demo, delivering a last place finish among the major four networks. Though the number is subject to an adjustment due to the live airing on the west coast, that adjustment will not be enough to turn the metaphorical frown upside down.