- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 1 day ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 2 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 5 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 6 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 7 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 8 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 8 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 8 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 10 days ago
“The Avengers” Assembles New Box Office Record; Dominant Performance
Though final numbers will not be available until Monday, one thing is already certain–”The Avengers” set the all-time opening weekend box office record by a comfortable margin.
Estimates say the anticipated superhero film garnered $200.3 million at the box office this weekend, which beats the “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2″ record by more than $30 million. It also assures once-and-for-all that the disappointing midnight turnout meant nothing when it came to the film’s appeal.
No studio even considered opening anything else against “The Avengers,” so the second place film was holdover “Think Like a Man” with just $8 million. “The Hunger Games” added $5.7 million to its take, which now sits at $380.7 million domestically, while “The Lucky One” ($5.5 million) and “The Pirates! Band of Misfits” ($5.4 million) completed the top five.