- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 2 days ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 3 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 5 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 5 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 7 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 8 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 9 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 10 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 11 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 12 days ago
Carrie Underwood “Blown Away” Album Sales Stay Hot, Norah Jones, BoB Follow
It has been several years since Carrie Underwood’s last crossover single smash, but as far as her overall profile goes, she remains one of the hottest acts in music.
Underwood’s “Blown Away” is forecast to sell 275-295,000 first week copies according to Hits Daily Double, which projected the total from opening day sales data.
That would mark only a slight decline from preceding album “Play On” and easily give Underwood the number one spot on next week’s Billboard 200.
Among newcomers, projected second place finisher NOW 42 will be distantly behind with an estimated 95-100,000 first week units. Norah Jones follows with “Little Broken Hearts,” an album forecast for 90-100,000 and thus a steep decline from sales for her previous release.
With album track “Both of Us (featuring Taylor Swift)” hot on the iTunes charts, BoB’s “Strange Clouds” is also pacing for a decent album debut. Its 70-80,000 total will top Marilyn Manson’s 35-40,000 for “Born Villain.”