- Cain Velasquez Dominates Bigfoot Silva, JDS Beats Hunt; UFC 160 ResultsPosted 6 mins ago
- The Rock, Brock Lesnar Can’t Save Weak WWE WrestleMania 29 BuyratePosted 10 hours ago
- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 4 days ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 5 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 7 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 7 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 9 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 10 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 11 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 12 days ago
“Five-Year Engagement” Bombs at Box Office, “Raven,” “Safe” Also Weak
Promotion centered on turning “The Five-Year Engagement” into the second-coming of last year’s smash “Bridesmaids” was thoroughly ineffective, and the Jason Segel-Emily Blunt comedy is on pace for a very disappointing opening weekend.
The comedy earned just $3.5 million Friday, which makes it unlikely to do more than slightly crack the $10 million threshold for the weekend. That weekend tally would register at roughly 50% of projections, which forecast a high-teens, low-20s bow.
It landed in third place Friday behind “Think Like a Man” ($5.5 million) and “The Lucky One” ($3.9 million), but when the weekend is said and done, it might also trail fellow new release “Pirates! Band of Misfits” ($2.7 million on Friday) and long-running holdover “The Hunger Games” ($3.0 million).
New releases “Safe” ($2.6 million, 6th) and The Raven” ($2.5 million, 7th) also performed poorly, although neither was forecast to do much better.