- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 1 day ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 2 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 3 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 4 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 5 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 6 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 6 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 7 days ago
- ABC Cancels “How to Live With Your Parents,” “Malibu Country,” “Body of Proof”Posted 7 days ago
- Breaking: NBC Renews “Community” as ABC Cancels “Happy Endings”Posted 7 days ago
WWE RAW Ratings Improve, But Don’t Wow for WrestleMania Fallout
The eventual reveal of an impressive WrestleMania buyrate will likely be enough to turn frowns upside down, but it is irrefutably true that this year’s ‘Mania season made for underwhelming ratings.
Monday’s RAW, which featured the fallout from WrestleMania, promos from The Rock and John Cena and the return of Brock Lesnar, delivered a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating with 5.01 million viewers.
Though the episode’s performance built comfortably on last Monday’s showing, and was the first in a while to net a viewership average in excess of 5 million, it was still softer than expected given the presumed significance of the WrestleMania buzz.
By comparison, last year’s equivalent episode garnered a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating with 5.62 million viewers. Worth noting, however, is that 2011′s “go home” edition of RAW delivered a whopping 2.3 rating with 5.89 million viewers. Quite simply, wrestling ratings were better during last year’s WrestleMania season.
Hour two of last year’s show achieved a 2.3 with 5.78 million, compared with a 2.0 and 5.07 million this time.
Competition from the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship likely took a small bite out of the potential RAW audience, although the tournament also overlapped with last year’s post-Mania RAW.