- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 1 day ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 3 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 4 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 5 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 6 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 7 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 9 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 9 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 10 days ago
“50/50,” “Dreamhouse” Light at Box Office, “What’s Your Number” Also Flops
The weekend box office is not looking kind to wide newcomers, with “50/50,” “Dreamhouse” and “What’s Your Number” all debuting soft on Friday.
While none was expected to perform particularly well, the Friday numbers confirmed how disappointingly the three clicked with audiences. Extremely-well-reviewed “50/50″ was only good for $2.9 million and fifth place, narrowly edging the $2.7 million for “Dreamhouse,” the critically-torn-apart sixth place finisher.
At $2.1 million, “What’s Your Number” was in seventh.
More successful were last week’s debuts “Moneyball” and “Dolphin Tale,” which landed at first and second with $3.9 million and $3.5 million, respectively. Given its family-friendly skew, “Dolphin Tale” should perform well as the weekend goes on and could overtake first place by Sunday. “The Lion King in 3D” was third with $3.3 million.
Fourth went to newcomer “Courageous,” which was released on less than 1200 screens. It garnered $3.1 million.