- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 3 days ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 4 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 6 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 6 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 8 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 9 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 10 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 11 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 12 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 12 days ago
Jason Statham, Taylor Lautner Disappoint at Box Office, “Moneyball” On Top
The weekend box office did not reflect kindly on the drawing power of Jason Statham and Taylor Lautner–films from both failed to deliver the goods on Friday.
Though some are touting “Abduction” as a mild success given its limited marketing campaign, the reality is that it featured a supposed hot newcomer in Lautner and yet only earned $3.8 million for fourth place.
Still, that was better than the $3.5 million earned by “Killer Elite,” which featured Robert DeNiro and Clive Owen in addition to Statham.
Although family activity over the weekend might push the 3D release of “Lion King” into first place by Sunday, Friday belonged to Brad Pitt’s “Moneyball.” The Pitt film claimed the top spot on $6.8 million, besting the $6.1 million for “Lion King.”
Critical and Cinema Score darling “Dolphin Tale” started at a modest $5.1 million, earning third place on Friday. Based on positive word-of-mouth and its family appeal, it should see strong performance on Saturday and Sunday.