- “The Voice Eliminates” Josiah Hawley, Kris Thomas; Teams Adam & Blake IntactPosted 1 day ago
- FOX Reveals Kelly Rowland, Paulina Rubio as New “X Factor” JudgesPosted 2 days ago
- SNL Highlights: Bill Hader and Fred Armisen Say Goodbye, Amy Poehler ReturnsPosted 4 days ago
- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 5 days ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 7 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 8 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 9 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 10 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 10 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 11 days ago
“American Idol” Results Show Brings Elimination, Reveals Top Two Finalists
The moment is finally here–the season ten “American Idol” finale performers have been revealed. Confirmed during Thursday’s results show, the matchup will undoubtedly spark water-cooler discussion over the next week.
Getting there unfortunately meant that one of the final three was sent packing Thursday. Was it Scotty McCreery, whose deep voice, down-home charm and youthful performing style made him an instant hit with teenage girls and American families? Was it Lauren Alaina, the sixteen-year-old with the big voice whose lack of overt confidence made her seem like an underdog even though the odds of advancing to the end were always on her side? Or, was it Haley Reinhart, who scored the most standing ovations from the judges this season but simultaneously seemed to garner the most scrutiny from the panel?
It was Haley. With 95 million votes cast, the fanbases for Alaina and McCreery proved too strong, and Haley Reinhart missed out on her opportunity to compete for the season ten “Idol” crown.
That means the finale battle, Scotty McCreery vs. Lauren Alaina, will be a competition of two teenage country acts. From the onset of the season, Lauren Alaina seemed like the ideal “Idol” winner for season ten. As a cute, marketable female who could deliver hits in the country and pop spaces, Alaina represents the kind of act “Idol” has fallen short of delivering since Carrie Underwood won in season four.
But Scotty McCreery, who comes off as even more of a “sure thing” for commercial success in country music, seems to have stolen Lauren’s “frontrunner” spot over the course of the season. Plus, he comes across as a bit more mature and poised and also has the advantage of being a teenage boy in a competition that receives the majority of its votes from females.
The winner will be crowned next week–the performers take the stage on Tuesday for the final showdown.