- Vitor Belfort Crushes Luke Rockhold With Spinning Heel Kick; UFC on FX ResultsPosted 14 hours ago
- Candice Glover Wins “American Idol,” Becomes First Female Winner in Six YearsPosted 3 days ago
- Report: Nicki Minaj Joins Randy Jackson in Leaving “American Idol”Posted 3 days ago
- “The Voice” Reveals Top Ten, Eliminates Garrett Gardner, Vedo from CompetitionPosted 4 days ago
- “How I Met Your Mother” Finally Reveals Cristin Milioti as The Mother, Ted’s WifePosted 6 days ago
- FOX Reveals New Schedule, Keeps “Glee” On Thursdays, Adds Friday ComediesPosted 6 days ago
- NBC Reveals New Schedule and Shows, Moves “Revolution,” Holds “Community” PremierePosted 7 days ago
- NBC Officially Confirms Seth Meyers as New “Late Night” HostPosted 7 days ago
- ABC Keeps “Nashville,” Orders “Agents of SHIELD,” “Once Upon a Time” Spin-OffPosted 9 days ago
- ABC Cancels “How to Live With Your Parents,” “Malibu Country,” “Body of Proof”Posted 9 days ago
Album Sales: Sugarland Leads Gloriana, K’Jon, Modest Mouse, “Waverly Place”
The week of numerous non-blockbuster album releases is tracking to fall in favor of country duo Sugarland; their “Live on the Inside” is pacing for a solid debut.
The Wal-Mart exclusive set, consisting mainly of covers, will bow with an estimated 75-90,000 sales, according to tracking from Hits Daily Double. The album will undoubtedly give Sugarland the top spot on the Billboard 200 (current album releases), and the sales figures might be enough to unseat the Michael Jackson “Number Ones” collection for total sales.
“Gloriana,” the self-titled debut from the new country group, is on pace for a debut in the 40-45,000 range. Lead single “Wild at Heart” was promoted on iTunes several months ago.
“Kidz Bop 16″ is tracking at similar levels.
Other new releases will make minor splashes on the chart–K’Jon’s “I Get Around” is tracking for about 30,000, while the “Wizards of Waverly Place” soundtrack looks good for just over 20,000. Modest Mouse’s “No One’s First and You’re Next” should end up in the 18-20,000 range.
Updated: The final Hits Daily Double figures reveal that while “Live on the Inside” will lead tomorrow’s Billboard 200 chart, it did not remove Michael Jackson’s “Number Ones” from the top of the straight sales chart. The Sugarland album came in at the low end of tracking with 74,240. Gloriana’s self-titled debut did a solid 45,419, while “Kidz Bop 16″ posted sales of 40,134. K’Jon’s “I Get Around” will land in the top fifteen with 30,053, the Modest Mouse album moved 25,054 units and “Wizards of Waverly Place” was good for only 18,029.